- Workshops will be held in all levels, beginners, improvers, intermediates and advanced. There will be a vast variety of workshop styles and levels to choose from.
- The precise workshop schedule will be made available within the last 2 weeks prior of the event.
- Workshops will include turn patterns, men’s and ladies’ footwork, styling and shines, partner work, leading and following techniques, spinning and much more.
- You do not have to come with a partner at the workshops, as we will encourage the instructors to rotate partners during the classes.
- Below is a guide to help you decide which level you should attend. If you are not sure how to decide which classes to attend, ask your local teacher or let us know.
You have no experience or are not yet confident with basic steps, leading or following.
Men: You have a good repertoire of turn patterns with the capacity to move easily from one pattern to the next. You will also be able to execute hand changes & directional changes with better balance and more styling whilst keeping in time to the music.
Women: You should be able to follow complex turn patterns comfortably and have the ability to demonstrate some interpretive footwork and body styling. You should also be tackling double spins with increasing confidence with a view to perfecting your technique.
Men: You have the capacity to remember & skilfully lead a series of complex moves with continuity & styling. You understand the origins of the music and can tune in easily to the underlying clave or percussive beat and their respective timings.
Women: Multiple turns, spins and intricate following are no problem for you. You move like a Bachata Diva! Intricate footwork is challenging, but fun for you. It will not frustrate you or give you a brain meltdown. You are also a seasoned dancer who understands the value of simplicity.